Currently my counselling practice and waitlist are full and I am not accepting new clients for the remainder of 2022.
We all need to feel seen, heard and validated by another person, particularly during difficult times in our lives. Sometimes current or past stressors or trauma can get in the way of living the life you want, and counselling can be a way to move through this. I work with you to build a safe relationship, connect to the resources in your life, and move through fear, anger, and grief to reconnect with all parts of yourself. I am inspired by human resilience and believe our inner healing intelligence allows us to (re)create a fulfilling life.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#17891) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and a Registered Social Worker (#09523) with the BC College of Social Workers
I practice from a relational and process-oriented approach integrating mindful-somatic therapies, parts work, EMDR, and eco-feminist values.
Over the past 13 years I have worked in a variety of trauma, mental health, and addictions programs and have completed thousands of hours of postgraduate training and clinical supervision.
I have trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Hakomi Mindful Somatic Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and Internal Family Systems.
Fees are $140/ 60 mins in accordance with BCACC/BCCSW recommendations
Many employer and student health plans will reimburse counselling services provided by an RSW or RCC. I am also registered for third party billing with First Nations Health Authority.
I also offer a limited number of counselling hours weekly through Numinus Health The Drive, a mental health and addictions clinic specializing in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy programs and research. For more information, click here.
I am committed to my continuing education and have completed a number of clinical trainings in addition to my core education:
Psychedelic Assisted Therapy
- Ketamine Assisted Psychotherapy for Depression, 2022
- MAPS MDMA Assisted Therapy Program (100hr) 2021
- Ketamine Assisted Emotion Focused Therapy, 2021
- Integrating IFS and Psychedelic Assisted Therapy, Dr. R. Schwartz, 2022
- Treating the Relational Nature of Shame, Dr. Pat Ogden, 2020
- Hakomi Mindfulness Based Somatic Psychotherapy, 2019-present
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Training Facilitator, 2018
- Addressing Shame & Self Loathing in the Treatment of Trauma, Dr. Janina Fisher, 2016
- Foundations of Internal Family Systems Therapy, 2021
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), 2019
- Treating Traumatized Teens, Dr. Martha Strauss, 2018
- New Directions in the Treatment of Complex Trauma, Dr. John Briere, 2015
- Graduate Certificate in Complex Trauma & Sexual Abuse Intervention, JIBC, 2014
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Counsellors, 2009
- Addiction Medicine Certificate, 2019
- Compassionate Inquiry, Dr. Gabor Mate, 2018
Anxiety & Emotional Dysregulation
- Treating Anxiety Disorders in Children & Youth, Dr. Gordon Neufeld, 2017
- Using DBT to Treat Emotion Regulation Disorders, 2017
- Advanced Topics in DBT, 2016
Violence Against Women
- Advanced Risk Assessment & Safety Planning in Domestic Violence, 2011
- Building Bridges: Linking Woman Abuse, Substance Use and Mental Health, BC Women's Hopsital, 2010
- Stronger Together: Leading Groups for Abused Women, 2009
Click the button above to access my online booking site, or send me a message if you have any other questions.
I look forward to connecting with you.