Professional counselling services to address concerns with anxiety, stress, relationships, self-worth, attachment & trauma
We all need to feel seen, heard and validated by another person, particularly during difficult times in our lives. Sometimes current or past stressors or trauma can get in the way of living the life you want, and counselling can be a way to move through this. I work with you to build a safe relationship, connect to the resources in your life, and move through fear, anger, and grief to reconnect with all parts of yourself. I am inspired by human resilience and believe our inner healing intelligence allows us to (re)create a fulfilling life.
I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#17891) with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors and a Registered Social Worker (#09523) with the BC College of Social Workers. I offer individual counselling to address concerns with mood, anxiety, addictions, relationships, life transitions and trauma.
My professional experience includes private practice, inpatient and outpatient mental health & addictions treatment, leading a youth crisis counselling & outreach team, victim services, and facilitating groups for adults and youth. I have completed hundreds of hours of post-graduate training, and have been supervised by clinical counsellors, psychiatrists and addiction medicine specialists. My approach combines somatic, mindfulness, feminist, attachment-based and cognitive behavioural therapies.
I have trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Hakomi Mindful Somatic Therapy, Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), and Internal Family Systems.
Fees are $140/ 60 mins with a limited number of sliding scale rates available.
Many employer and student health plans will reimburse counselling services provided by an RSW or RCC, and I am also registered for third party billing with First Nations Health Authority and the Crime Victim Assistance Program.
I also offer a limited number of counselling hours weekly through Numinus Health The Drive, a mental health and addictions clinic specializing in psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy programs and research. For more information, click here.
I am committed to my continuing education and have completed a number of clinical trainings in addition to my core education:
Psychedelic Assisted Therapy
- MAPS MDMA Assisted Therapy Program (100hr, in progress) 2021
- Ketamine Assisted Emotion Focused Therapy, 2021
- Treating the Relational Nature of Shame, Dr. Pat Ogden, 2020
- Hakomi Mindfulness Based Somatic Psychotherapy, 2019-present
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Training Facilitator, 2018
- Addressing Shame & Self Loathing in the Treatment of Trauma, Dr. Janina Fisher, 2016
- Foundations of Internal Family Systems Therapy, 2021
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), 2019
- Treating Traumatized Teens, Dr. Martha Strauss, 2018
- New Directions in the Treatment of Complex Trauma, Dr. John Briere, 2015
- Graduate Certificate in Complex Trauma & Sexual Abuse Intervention, JIBC, 2014
- Introduction to Art Therapy for Counsellors, 2009
- Addiction Medicine Certificate, 2019
- Compassionate Inquiry, Dr. Gabor Mate, 2018
- Treating Anxiety Disorders in Children & Youth, Dr. Gordon Neufeld, 2017
- Using DBT to Treat Emotion Regulation Disorders, 2017
- Advanced Topics in DBT, 2016
Violence Against Women
- Advanced Risk Assessment & Safety Planning in Domestic Violence, 2011
- Narrative Therapy Intensive Certification, 2011
- Building Bridges: Linking Woman Abuse, Substance Use and Mental Health, BC Women's Hopsital, 2010
- Stronger Together: Leading Groups for Abused Women, 2009
Click the button above to access my online booking site, or send me a message if you have any other questions.
I look forward to connecting with you.